Is our heart grounded in what God wants for us or will emotions and pain redirect our path. Will we turn away from Him, or will we cleave to Him? A superficial look at the words in Ruth would make a great Hallmark Card, but when we look deeper we can see history, culture and prophecy blend perfectly into commitment and radical love, and redemption.
There is no more male in Naomi's life in this patriarchal society. The choice is now in Naomi's lap and we tune in to see her decision. Orpah and Ruth are given choices as well, choose a forgein land or stick with what they know.
Covered in this episode: Ruth 1:6:18
- We visit the idea of the Leverite Marriage Customs in this day. It is important to understand the culture of the time of Ruth.
- We don't have the thoughts of the characters all spelled out for us, but we must remember these are not two dimensional characters on a page.
- God's idea of a marriage is a covennant promise, not a contract.
- We must remember that life is hard, but God is good. He will never leave us or forsake us.
- Would you consider Ruth clingy, or radical, in a time when all did what was right in their own eyes?
- God knows where we make our bed. Hide yourself in Him. Take refuge in Him.
~~~~Special Annoucement on this Episode. Listen in for the details.~~~~~
You can contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Check the Blog for FREE downloadable worksheets
Guard your heart with all diligence, for out of it are the issues of life. Proverbs 4:23
This podcast uses the following third-party services for analysis:
Chartable - https://chartable.com/privacy